Sunday, June 20, 2010

Whatchamacalit Cuppycake!

A very good friend of mine had a birthday yesterday. It just so happens that her favorite candy bar is the Whatchamacalit Bar. So, I decided to try to come up with a cupcake recipe that would compliment the flavors in a Whatchamacalit bar. I started with a devil's food batter base...topped with peanut butter batter...a piece of the candy bar in the center and a piece of soft caramel. After baking, I dipped it in ganache and then frosted it in peanut butter buttercream frosting. My brother-in-law, Mike, was the first to taste test. I heard no complaints. lol When I presented Jen her birthday cupcake she could not get over the smell. She said "it smells exactly like a Whatchamacalit Bar!" My only regret is that I didn't make more so that I could actually try it! Dang nabbit. lol

Tonight I am working on a sausage and apple cuppycake. More details to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment